Friday, August 5, 2011

Porter "Smoot" Perkins!

Dear little Smooty,
Welcome! On December 15th 2010, at 5am Daddy and I drove to the hospital for you to be induced! I got all set up and then we waited for you to come! Daddy was so excited to have his first little boy! At about 9:30am the Doctor came in and broke my water and the contractions started progressing more. After a little bit my epidural stopped working on the right side and so the anesthesiologist tried to center the needle but then it stopped working all together. By 10:40 I was dilated to a 10 and waiting for the doctor to come deliver you! Just then the anesthesiologist decided to reinsert my epidural. At a whopping 9lbs 14oz you came into the world! Not even a minute after you where born the terrible fear and possibility of loosing a child hit me. You weren't breathing well and the doctors had you in the corner trying to help you breath. I was so scared as they pounded your back and just prayed that you'd be okay! Just then you let out a scream and I had an overwhelming feeling that everything would be just fine! For the first 2 hours of your life they didn't let the family hold you. You would make this whimpering sound that they were worried about but I still think it was just your little spirit complaining that you had to come here to earth! You had so many people that love you just waiting to hold you! Your sister Oaklee was so excited to see you and she brought you your first teddy bear! She kept saying "hold it baby, hold it!!" She loves you so much! Papa Smoot, Ema,Uncle Casey, your Aunts Sadie and Sydnee, and G. Sugar where all waiting to hold you! When we came to the hospital we still hadn't decided on a name, but when I held you and looked up at Daddy we decided that you where definitely a Smoot! We are so happy you are here and we love you so much!
Love,

Mom, Dad, and Oaklee!
















Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Megan said...

He's SUCH a cutie!! You look so great!